T20 World Cup: Scotland filled with perception after England recreation and sophistication themselves favourites vs Namibia, says Brad Wheal | Cricket Information

Date:

Share post:

Seam bowler Brad Wheal says going to toe to toe with reigning champions England has strengthened Scotland’s perception that they will trigger a stir on the T20 World Cup.

Openers Michael Jones and George Munsey laid down a marker by sharing an unbeaten stand of 90 in 10 overs in opposition to a high-quality English assault on Tuesday, with rain delays elevating the goal to a formidable 109 on DLS.

Scotland’s possibilities of bowling their solution to a well-known win by no means received off the bottom because the heavens opened and left the edges with some extent every however, as an announcement of intent, it was mission completed for the affiliate nation.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant

Munsey hit an outstanding reverse-swept six off Adil Rashid at Kensington Oval on Tuesday

“Munns and Jonesy going out there and putting the right foot forward has given the rest of the squad some good confidence to go on through the rest of this tournament and believe we’re good enough to be here,” stated Wheal.

“We consider we’re ok to compete and beat the very best groups on this planet. We really feel like we’re in an excellent place to win some video games. We confirmed a small glimpse of what we may have completed in opposition to the present world champions.

“It was definitely a defendable target, I mean they would have been chasing 11 an over. That’s definitely something that our bowling line-up could have defended.”

Jones’ six off Chris Jordan in Scotland’s recreation in opposition to England smashed a photo voltaic panel

Scotland class themselves as favourites in opposition to Namibia

Scotland do not need lengthy to attend to work their frustrations out, with Namibia subsequent up on the Kensington Oval on Thursday (8pm first ball, stay on Sky Sports activities Cricket).

Namibia received their opening recreation in opposition to Oman after a Tremendous Over and have a 3-0 file in opposition to the Scots within the 20-over format over the past 5 years.

However Wheal insists his aspect are in no temper to play second fiddle as they give the impression of being to qualify from Group B as one of many high two groups.

He added: “Realistically our greatest likelihood of stepping into the Tremendous 8 stage, competing and turning some huge groups over is wanting on the subsequent recreation after which the Oman recreation after that.

David Wiese stared as Namibia beat Oman in a dramatic Tremendous Over within the T20 World Cup earlier this week

“One game at a time, but we’ll take the belief in what we’ve done against England.

“I feel in our eyes, we positively see ourselves as favourites as a result of we all know that these are video games we will and we must always win. We’re going into the sport with the idea that we’ll win.

Wheal forceful with Hampshire about World Cup involvement

Scotland’s assault is lacking the skilled Josh Davey after he was not launched for responsibility by Somerset, however Wheal had no such points after a frank dialogue with Hampshire over his availability.

“It’s a bit of a tricky one…but I was pretty open and honest with Hampshire. I said, ‘listen, I want to go to the World Cup’,” he defined.

Eoin Morgan, Nasser Hussain and Urooj Mumtaz be a part of Ian Ward to debate their dream T20 World Cup XI

“I wanted to be available for selection and they were pretty happy with that. They understand that it’s an opportunity to go out there and play against the best of the best. It’s a learning experience.

“Each alternative to place the Scotland shirt on is an unimaginable one and one which I am going to cherish perpetually.

Watch Scotland’s T20 World Cup conflict with Namibia stay on Sky Sports activities Cricket from 7.30pm on Thursday (8pm first ball). Each match from the event is stay on Sky Sports activities.

Advert content material | Stream Sky Sports activities on NOW

Stream Sky Sports activities stay with no contract on a Month or Day membership on NOW. Immediate entry to stay motion from the Premier League and EFL, plus darts, cricket, tennis, golf and a lot extra.

Related articles