T20 World Cup: Australia’s Josh Hazlewood says knocking England out is of their greatest curiosity | Cricket Information

Date:

Share post:

Australia’s Josh Hazlewood says to knock England out of the T20 World Cup could be “in our best interests as well as probably everyone else” after thrashing Namibia.

Australia chased down Namibia’s first-innings whole in simply 5 overs and 4 balls to remain unbeaten within the T20 World Cup on Tuesday.

Adam Zampa took 4-12 from 4 overs as they stormed into the Tremendous 8s with one Group B match to spare.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant

Nasser Hussain and Michael Atherton focus on what England’s T20 World Cup hopes now appear like following their defeat to Australia

Australia’s remaining Group B match in opposition to Scotland in St Lucia on Saturday might now resolve England’s destiny, with skipper Jos Buttler realizing they need to beat Oman and Namibia of their remaining group matches.

“In this tournament, you potentially come up against England at some stage again. And as I said, they’re probably one of the top few teams, on the day or, you know, we’ve had some real struggles against them in T20 cricket,” mentioned Hazlewood.

“If we will get them out of the event then that is in our greatest pursuits in addition to in all probability everybody else.

“It’s a weird thing to say. I’ve never really been in this position before as a team. I don’t think so. Whether we have discussions or not or we just try and play it again the way we did tonight. Again, that’ll be up to people, not me.”

What’s Subsequent?

Australia’s remaining Group B match is in opposition to Scotland in St Lucia within the early hours of Sunday from 1am BST, whereas England face Namibia in Antigua on Saturday at 6pm – dwell on Sky Sports activities. First, England tackle Oman on Thursday at 8pm.

Group B standings

Australia, England, Scotland Cricket T20 World Cup
Picture:
England should beat Oman and Namibia and hope Australia can do them a favour and knock Scotland out of the T20 World Cup

Advert content material | Stream Sky Sports activities on NOW

Stream Sky Sports activities dwell with no contract on a Month or Day membership on NOW. Prompt entry to dwell motion from the Premier League and EFL, plus darts, cricket, F1, tennis, golf and a lot extra.

Related articles